Saturday, July 07, 2007

When You Come Home...I'll Be Ready

Just like the title of my blog, there is deeper meaning to the title of this entry. If you think you know, you probably don't. I feel like i'm quoting a punk song. Hahahah.

A New Home?

If you haven't heard the news, Barry and Tina are getting married at the end of this month. The crazier side of it is they are moving to Georgia because Barry recently got a big job out there. Tina decided not to sell her house but rather to rent it out to B1, B2 and me. At first it sounded like we'd be moving in at the end of August (when B1 and B2's lease would be up) but apparently it is up at the end of this month. That's a little bit sooner than I really wanted to pack up and head out. I'm paying off a big credit card on August 1 so I need a little time to recover. Who knows...we'll see what happens.

A New Job?

By this September I could easily have a new job in the company. One job I applied for is a Meter Tech or Field Service Rep. I wouldn't have to walk nearly as much and I would have an F-150 to take home. Meaning a lot less miles on my truck. This job would put me at about 50K/yr. The other job is a Coordinator in Measurement Services. This is the job I really want and my supervisor thinks I'd be the frontrunner as long as I interview well and i'm very confident in my interview skills. I interviewed for this job earlier this year and was 1 out of 3 that they called in to interview but they gave it to a Supervisor who wanted to demote. This job would score me 55k-60k/yr. Maybe it will work out for me this time around.

A New School?

When my sister goes to enroll at Richland, I am going to go with her and talk to her advisor. I'm ready to get back in school. I'm hoping to take basics and horticulture classes at Richland and then finish up at DBU to have a major in Biblical Studies and a minor in Horticulture. Easier said than done of course. The thing is I have to get this done while I'm still young.