Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Where's My Heart?

In The Balance

There are a lot of things that confuse me. Why the highs are so high. Why the lows are so low. Why when you pour out your heart you get a slap in the face in return. I know why things happen and what got me to where I am now but one things for sure i'm longing for reconciliation. Spiritually and relationally. Until then, my heart remains in the balance. I'm on the mezzanine floor, never been here before. It's a lonely place, but a house full of grace

The Book of James

Lately i've been trying to closely examine my heart. James says "the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty and perseveres being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts." So during Dal's sermons, i've been taking notes. Key thoughts and scriptures that I can go back and review and apply to my life. Application is so critical. I guess i'm just tired of the same routine on Sunday morning/afternoon. I want to be able to reflect on what I just heard and have a sense of urgency when I leave the church for lunch. James then says later in chapter 2 that faith without works is dead. Verse 26: For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead. I feel like I do good works but James also says be careful of your motivation. So I challenge myself to make sure i'm not doing just the things I want in my life. Also, James 5:16 says confess your sins one to another and pray one for another, that you may be healed. If there's one thing our heart neglects the most, it's accountability. We all need spiritual healing sometimes and it comes from a few brothers being close and lifting one another up.