Tuesday, September 19, 2006

We Can Breathe Easier

I think everything is going to be ok. I was driving home from work today and noticed the 'Welcome to Mesquite, home of the rodeo!' sign is gone. All protests outside city hall are cancelled. Thanks for everyones support.

So I have to admit i'm frustrated about everything. You name it and i'm probably frustrated about it. More than anything I might just be frustrated with myself. I want to be salt and light. Sometimes I just feel fake. In the past i've been so arrogant and probably still am at times. I just want total change and what I like to call new salvation.

I decided that everything is a possibility and i'm done shutting doors to things that just might be a reality for my life. Except for homosexuality which will never be a possibility. lol. Which leads me to a question:

How awesome would it be if a gay or lesbian couple came to church on Sunday?

Or a drunk man or woman?

Or a guy strung out on Meth?

Or a woman who just had an abortion?

Or a guy who just got out of jail for armed robbery?

I think we should pray that broken, jacked up people enter our doors on Sunday morning. Not so we can preach to them and tell them how bad they're living or how they need to get right for Worship. But just to build a relationship with them and let JESUS impress upon their heart on HIS time.

What if we became salt and light instead of ignorant moralists who think we are on a different level? Aren't we all in the same boat here?

What if Christianity became less about beer and rated R movies?

What if we stopped telling people how much they need Jesus and started letting Christ live through us as servants to our community? I mean really...how convinced would a lost person be by someone who knocks on their door to tell them how evil and wicked they are?



I could go on...I have so many questions like these to ask myself...