Monday, August 28, 2006

What a Day

So today, I honestly decided i'm actually going to start using this blog on a daily basis. Why else should i have one, right?

Work was definitely a tough go today. It rained the minute I stepped out of my truck to start the route until I read my last meter. I had a raincoat and my clothes stayed dry but my shoes and hat were soaked. The whole day raised a question in my mind...would i rather work in 105 degree heat or in pouring rain. I guess i'd go with pouring rain but it definitely slows me down way more than the heat does.

This past weekend was pretty awesome (besides the half of it that was a bit deceiving). Friday I saw Invincible with B1, B2 and Johnny. I thought it was a really good movie...not top 10...but very good. Saturday me and B2 went to Ameriquest Field for the Season ticket holders banquet. Buck (Allen) couldn't or didn't want to go and he hooked us up. I got some player autographs: Kevin Millwood, Buck Showalter, Josh Rupe, Steve Smith and legend Mike Munoz. Another legend named possibly named Bill Stein but I'm still not sure. I didn't have the nerve to ask the guy what his name was! lol! That night we (B1, B2, Lacy, Courtney, my sis and Megan) watched the Cowboy game and went to eat at Joe's Crabshack. After that I went to Courtney's and watched the rest of Ladder 49 (we didn't finish it the night before). Great movie but just ended in a sad way. Sucks when you don't get the happy ending. Maybe it was a sign of what was to come for me. Maybe that's why she cried so bad during the movie. Sunday church was great and Dal brought the house down like usual but maybe even took it to another level. He talked of Salvation and the change that usually doesn't happen after and a little about what the real change should look like. We sang Fire Fall Down and he read the lyrics before he started talking.

You bought my life with the
Blood that You shed on the cross
When You died for the sins of men
And You let out a cry
Crucified now alive in me

These hands are Yours
Teach them to serve as You please
And I'll reach out desperate to see
All the greatness of God
May my soul rest assured in You

You changed it all
You broke down the wall
When I spoke and confessed
In You I'm blessed
Now I walk in the light
In victorious sight of You

The lyrics challenge me in a way that most Worship songs do not. Do I have the urgency and desperation to see the greatness of God that I should? I feel like I do have that sense of urgency but it's often followed with an overwhelming amount of discouragement. I need a couple of people who have that same sense of urgency...it's tough sometimes.

So the band I was attempting to be a part of I think has pretty much dissolved. Some people just never change and it's really sad to see. I really thought this band would work but it turned out to be the same selfish problems that occured in Fidelity and caused that break up. I'm cool with it though because I really feel like God's called me to work more in the community and a band would take away from that. I'm not interested in fame anyway and that's really what you kinda strive for in that. There are other ways to have a huge effect in the community.

Deuteronomy 17:14-20 ( Scripture for Ramm for tomorrow night)