Sunday, September 10, 2006

She's Amazing!!! Now...Where Is She...?

Brad and I were talking tonight about what the one would have to put up with if they wanted to marry one of us. Lol. It's gonna have to be one extraordinary girl. I'm not going to be chasing the American dream and there's a good chance i'll be spending my life following Jesus and barely getting by. I bet one of these days I might be crazy enough to sell everything i have and give it to the poor. Most girls are looking to find a guy who can not only love and protect them but support them financially. This girls gonna have to depend on God to provide not me! Lol

Well, the visitor ministry is about to get off the ground. I've been workin on it a lot lately, one meeting and it'll be in progress. It's been forever since we had our first community outreach meeting and I feel like this is all going so slow. I'm so excited because it's all about to happen.

A week from Friday (Sept. 22) i'll be going downtown for the first time to hang out with some homeless people. I'm going to have about 4 or 5 Fridays off this fall. The plan would be to go early in the morning and find a guy or two who'd want to go eat breakfast, take them to a fast food place and sit down and just talk life. Then we'd pass out some sack lunches until lunch then do the same we did at breakfast for lunch. If you read this (which no one really does...lol) email me if you're interested in going with me. We don't need a lot of people...this will be a bit more personal and relationship building.

"You guys are all into that born again thing, which is great. We do need to be born again, since Jesus said that to a guy named Nicodemus. But if you tell me I have to be born again to enter the kingdom of God, I can tell you that you have to sell everything you have and give it to the poor, because Jesus said that to one guy too. But I guess that's why we have highlighters, so we can highlight the parts we like and ignore the rest"

-Rich Mullins