Thursday, September 14, 2006

Out of Sync

Yesterday I felt just a little bit out of sync. The day started off good but then out of nowhere the devil decided it was time to beat me down with the past. The whole day was puzzling considering how things were going so I started thinking about things...

Maybe God didn't create us to know and understand everything. Maybe mystery is one of the important ingredients of our faith. If we knew everything why would we need him to answer prayers in times of turmoil? Lately, I've been so excited about starting a community outreach ministry and most days I could talk for hours about my dream. Then there are THOSE days. You ever wake up in the morning or after a nap and freak out because you don't know where you are at or what's going on? That's how I feel some mornings but it carries through the whole day. One day my dream is huge and the next I'll be lost and blind and feel like I have no clue where I'm going or what I'm doing. Now some people might say "Well that's just the devil trying to get in the way of what God's doing." But I started thinking...Maybe I disagree. Maybe God is putting the blinders on me and saying "Daniel, just follow me. I know you can't see but that's the whole point. Just follow my voice." When I put things in that perspective, I started to feel a lot better. Maybe those are the days that we concede the fight to the devil when really those are the days we should be thankful for and understand it's just His call to walk with Him by faith. A lot of times I tend to get a bit depressed but I just need to realize that EVERYTHING comes from God, even sorrow, which is just His mercy in disguise.