Thursday, August 31, 2006

Woo!

I started reading 'The Irresistible Revolution' by Shane Claiborne. Bjones has stressed to me that I have to read this book. I'm not huge on reading but if I can find time, I enjoy it. I tend to fall asleep when I read sometimes...lol. I can already tell I'm gonna love this book though. He seems to relate to me on a lot of different levels. It's so funny because Shane has an almost exact look in dress as Clayton. Some people would make fun of Clayton cause he dresses weird and thinks outside the box but when Shane does it...he's genious...hmmm...

I also got my hands on a book called '101 Ways to Reach Your Community'. Shawna gave it to me and i'm very intrigued by it. I looked through the book before the service last night. It's not a novel but it's very straightforward and informational.

Tonight Woody, Zack and I played at New Life Fellowship. My buddy Cody called me Monday night and said they needed a band. It was kinda short notice but it really doesn't matter with us. I feel like me and Woody could probably hit the stage with no practice if we HAD to. I'm a huge believer in practicing as much as possible but me and Woody know each others every move so we can be versatile if needed.

So tomorrow should be a cool day. I have a route that I mainly drive thru alleys and I'll be going to meet Barina at his school to eat lunch. He really got hooked up working as a gym teacher at a brand new elementary school in Dallas. I hope the Lord continues to bless him...he's been down a tough road and he's a great guy.