Monday, October 02, 2006

Tough Day

Beat Down
You ever have one of those days when everything from the past, present and future seems to just flat out beat you down?

Struggling to forget mistakes you made and times you were wronged in the past?

Is every day a battle to block out images and thoughts you want to let go of?

Are you haunted by thoughts of not being able to start over again?



I know it seems like, since I am a worship leader and have gone to church my whole life, that I should be some sort of a superhuman who never struggles. But I do and today was one of those days.

This Angers Me
I just want to make it clear that I am NOT an advocate of buying alcohol for under age friends OR family. Maybe i'm not always honest about it but as much as I think I can blow it off, hearing about this angers me. There's probably a million different angles you could take on whether drinking in general is right or wrong. I don't believe having a drink is wrong but I choose to refrain from drinking alcohol. It has become such a different monster than it was back in the days of Jesus. All I see is hurt, anger, despair, abuse and death come from alcohol. I hate hearing about the college kid who drowned in his own vomit, the drunk who stabbed his wife to death and the car load of teenagers killed by a drunk driver. I've seen it start so innocent and end so tragically. I've challenged myself to not force my view on anyone else, a mistake that I have made in the past. It's my choice to stay away from alcohol. But I won't back down from saying that buying for under age drinkers is tragic in itself.