Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Lord is Patient

I have faith in the Lord and am thankful for his patience. Sometimes when I make mistakes my soul floods with shame and I picture God in heaven banging His hand on the throne saying "When is this Daniel guy gonna figure it out!" When really He is waiting to comfort us and encouraging us to get back up and try again. I don't doubt that he gets frustrated with our sin but I still think he knows what its like to battle it.

Hebrews 2:16-18

16We all know that Jesus came to help the descendants of Abraham, not to help the angels. 17Therefore, it was necessary for Jesus to be in every respect like us, his brothers and sisters, so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. He then could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people. 18Since he himself has gone through suffering and temptation, he is able to help us when we are being tempted.

We cannot try to fight the battle of sin by ourselves. The assurance is in this very passage that he knows exactly what we are going through and is there to help us. I mean its the whole reason He came to this earth! Not only so that we would gain eternal life through him but so that he could help us in the journey that lies in between salvation and our last breath here on earth.