Monday, March 06, 2006

We'll Save the Tears for the Lost

Crooked souls trying to stay up straight
Dry eyes in the pouring rain
The shadow proves the sunshine
The shadow proves the sunshine

Two scared little runaways
Hold fast till the break of day light
When the shadow proves the sunshine
The shadow proves the sunshine

I think everyone will have there own interpretation here. Jon Foreman has what I think are some pretty deep thoughts. I don't know if this is what he was thinking when he wrote this but i'll give my revelation and let God reveal to you. The answer isn't always the same for everyone. To me, Jon is in deep struggle but he knows he has to be strong. He knows that even when the trials rain down on us we must have dry eyes. We must cling on to the faith that gives us strength. But when we ask God for strength we must at the same time ask God to break our hearts for the lost. We'll save the tears for the lost.

It's funny how God reveals things to me through the stupid things I do. I need to be strong. I need to save my tears for the lost.